Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - My Morning Jacket

These days come and go so fast. It is mind boggling how the time flies. It seems we just got done preparing for the holidays and now...they're over? The Grind is back? Work? It is relentless and thus my focus remains on doing something outside of work to maintain some aspect of sanity(video games help too, but I feel this makes me more present in the moment as opposed to the opposite feeling.

"You Do Not See What You Hold" Because who among us really do? Do we see what we have until it is gone and then realize how amazing it was? I realize nostalgia is the enemy and thwarter of progress but it hold a stong rope on our thoughts. Since the first ever generation looked at the second generation ever, the first has ALWAYS said "we weren't THIS bad!", but they were, worse even, in some ways. I look at the kids I work with and think "There is no way you will see 20". I must be getting old.


B-Side
 

BAM! B-Side! Whoooo! Art should contain humor sometimes. Not ironic humor that only deep thinking hoity toity types get. The base, silly, stupid stuff that every kid enjoys. Don't get me wrong. I love dark, humorous, ironic art as much as the next art school student, but I don't want to have my head so far up in the clouds I can't laugh at a fart joke. I may be old but I can still appreciate the absurd, silly things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment