Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 13 - OkGo

Managed to keep this day afloat. Listening to a whole bunch of music tonight, but OkGo was top of the list. It was an interesting experience because I did not watch their videos while I drew, just listened. They write good music(or good music is written for them?) on the whole. 

"One who wades" was somewhat traditional. All of them start out with random lines and move from there. I guess this is why I don't feel "legit" as an artist per se. I mean, most of what I do is random, doodlish, and looks somewhat unfinished. Is that art? Is that making a statement of some kind? Not really. I draw what I feel and move fast and without thinking. Something I don't do in my everyday life. Not everything I make is perfect and this allows me to accept this imperfection. A blank canvas is a scary thing. Once you make that mark, there is no going back. That's why I like drawing without an idea in my head of where I'm going. It allows the work to move and evolve, but on the same token, makes things look somewhat rushed and unfinished. I refine somewhat and could flesh them out into 'real" works, but I'd rather not. I almost never recreate what I doodle/draw/design. I move forward. I don't plan. Does that make me a crummy artist? Sometimes I think it does.

B-Side

Of course there is a B-Side! Tonight was more relaxed and I was groovin to the music! Long day today of moving boxes and other such cleaning activities. Rest tomorrow and recover. Enjoy the day. I drew patterns for the B-Side tonight. I'd give a 75%. Wasn't what I started to do but I liked the result. If you read what I wrote above you would understand that. If you're reading what I'm writing now I'm impressed you're still here. 

:)

 

"The Apparition Speaks" 

Words are like fire sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment