Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 14 - Richie Havens

This was something I stumbled upon as I wandered the YouTubes(ha). Woodstock. What amazing music that was. What a slice of history that is so far removed from what is seen as talent and special today it is almost feels like fiction. Did that really exist? Did people play music until they bled without care for their wardrobe? Richie is still making music and pray that people listen. 
"Reach". Books are almost more important to me than music. I don't care how one reads, whether it be hard copy or on an "e-reader" which is the way the world is moving to, as long as one reads and explores imagination. I personally enjoy holding a book, a different book, in my hands every time I read. They take up space, yes, and can yellow and become old, but so will I. Words resonate and allow the imagination to soar in a way television stymies and dulls such things. Perhaps that is too critical of television. I do watch movies and TV all the same, but feel only a portion of what I feel when I read. Ah. I ramble too much. I AM getting old.

B- Side


Fires set
The world alight
He was not here
Nothingman Tonight

Shadows grasp
at daylight's heels
He burns them all
This man who  feels

No comments:

Post a Comment