Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2 - Buckethead - Whitewash

A day for me is when I get up to when I go to sleep. Therefore, even though it is 2:00 AM, this for me is still considered my second "day" :p



"Standing on the Edge of the Whorl" - I've always loved stippling. To me it is an exercise in patience. Today it was much needed. It is funny. When looking at this picture I begin to see shapes, faces, and pattern among the "stars". I think our minds seek out order in chaos to make us feel less small.


B- Side

Today's B-side is me trying to come up with something different when I doodle. I feel most of these organic shape drawings always turn into the same thing. Birds. Don't get me wrong, I love my birds and really enjoy making them, but sometimes I want something different so I don't fall into the same rut. Today it was a leaf and stem. It is OK, but not great and I'm not crazy about it.
It probably would have been a better bird.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment