Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 9 - Dirge :.||.: B-Side - Flicker

Very rarely do I ever directly relate an image I create to the music I may be listening to at the time. Mostly I use the energy of the music to move me without thinking. It helps sometimes and other times it doesn't. I was on Buckethead's website (www.bucketheadland.com), and he has a song posted for Michal Jackson. Although I wasn't a huge fan of Mr. Jackson, I must say that Buckethead's song moved me to draw this in direct response. Something that I rarely if ever do. So there it be.
B-Side
 
I don't really think of what i do as art, just doodles really. To call it art I feel would make me feel like an impostor. I use regular ballpoint pens. Maybe calling them doodles makes it easier for me to do them. I have the hardest time starting pieces. A blank canvas denotes infinite possibilities, and once you put down a permanent mark, your possibilities are limited exponentially. It's all about trusting and moving, that's why I make such impulsive work such as this with a regular Bic Atlantis.

No comments:

Post a Comment