Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 14 - The Professor :..||..: B-Side - Cover

 
Two weeks of drawings already! Tempus Fugit indeed. This one is a mixed media piece. I used ballpoint pen and India Ink, because I was messing around with the cover of my sketchpad(see Side B!). This one actually seems too close to the "Little Prince" book. I never read it but I remember a bunch of my friends read it in 8th grade. Go figure. I like the mixed approach.
B-Side 

 
This is the cover of my sketchpad. I worked it over with three different kinds of ink and used a straw and my breath to distribute them. An undergrad professor taught me that technique and I really enjoy it, although it is easy to become lightheaded when doing so. You can see the original cover and color peeking through in the back, but I actually don't mind that either. This one is actually really blurry when you click on it, so I say don't and enjoy it at this size. Or do. It's your choice. I can't stop you know. Go ahead. Click. >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment