Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 4 - Mis-Knot

 
So ever since I saw the Book of Kells, I've been inspired to try to attempt Celtic Knotwork. One would think "Over, under, over, under, over" would be a simple task to follow. This piece only shows how it isn't for me . UGH. I didn't catch it until I was halfway through and figured I might as well keep going. Joy of joys.
Needless to say, my appreciation for the Book of Kells has been greatly increased ever since I started trying to recreate them without a grid or anything. 

2 comments:

  1. knotwork isnt a simple art, thats for sure. Im certain that the people that originally did this kind of work didnt have a grid. I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way it is fantastic. This does their work no justice. Maybe someday? ;)

    ReplyDelete